Sunday, October 5, 2008

Next Prayer is for Honesty


CPA Congressman Mike Conaway asked for his constituent's prayers on September 26th. He coveted requests to the Almighty for wisdom and knowledge to handle America's credit crisis. Funny, I expected a certified public accountant to have unique insight on the financial meltdown. I also counted on him explaining what broke in the credit markets. He never answered my e-mails.

But Mike spent a week on 2 Chronicles 1:10 -- "Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people, for who can rule this great people of yours?" He said that same prayer prior to his vote on October 2.

I complied with his podcast request, even posted a comment on his blog. Next time I'm praying for honesty. The Bush-Conaway partnership isn't known for it. Maybe, they'll repent.